MTN Consulting’s Webscale Network Operator (WNO) bundle provides a deep look at the webscale segment of network operators – how it’s growing, how individual WNOs are building out their networks, and which suppliers are benefiting.
The WNO bundle gives clients access to existing MTN Consulting research reports on this market segment and a 12 month flow of ongoing research on webscale operators. There are three types of reports included within this bundle:
Webscale Playbook series analyzes each of the “Super 8” webscale network operators (WNOs), i.e. Alibaba, Alphabet, Amazon, Apple, Baidu, Facebook, Microsoft, and Tencent. The objective of these reports is to assess the WNOs’:
- key tech-related spending priorities
- network vendor relationships, M&A, and partnerships across different network product categories
- vendor market landscape
- network-related strategy
Webscale Market Review reports are quarterly financial trackers for the WNO segment. Each report assesses growth, profitability, and technology spending trends for the overall WNO market and its key players . The Market Review reports include:
- Network-related spending estimates at market- and company-level, across quarters
- Latest quarterly KPIs such as revenues, capex, opex, R&D, etc.
- Company-level annualized and quarterly trends across over 10 financial data series
- Global coverage with company-level drilldowns for 20 companies
Webscale Network Supply Chain Analyzer – this tool is published twice a year and tracks the technology relationships underlying webscale networks. The Analyzer includes contracts/deals between WNOs and technology vendors across eight product categories and provides detail on type of relationship and nature of deal.
Webscale bundle subscribers receive a library of published research and access to forthcoming reports, as detailed below. Bundle subscribers also receive one hour of analyst access inquiry.
- Commentary: Webscale Capex in 2Q20
- Webscale Network Operators: 2Q20 Market Review
- Building the cloud: Webscale network supply chain analyzer (2Q20 edition)
- Webscale Playbook: Tencent
- Webscale Network Operators: 1Q20 Market Review
- Commentary: Webscale Capex in 1Q20
- Webscale Network Operators: 4Q19 Market Review
- Building the cloud: Webscale network supply chain analyzer
- Webscale Playbook: Apple
- Webscale Supply Chain Developments in 2019
- Webscale Network Operators: 3Q19 Market Review
- Webscale Playbook: Facebook
- Webscale Playbook: Microsoft
- Webscale Playbook: Alibaba
- Webscale Playbook: Baidu
- Webscale Playbook: Alphabet
- Webscale Playbook: Amazon