Technological change underpins much of the change seen in the telecom industry over the last decade. New technologies were vital to the creation of a “cloud” industry sector, and the growing maturity of the IoT ecosystem. Understanding trends in telecom, cloud & IoT markets therefore must involve deep dive analysis of new technologies: what new process or service do they enable, what problem they claim to solve, what companies or processes they compete with, who benefits from the change, who are the early leaders, and what kind of market growth is likely.
We don’t attempt to cover every technology issue related to network infrastructure in our research. Instead, we focus on areas where we think there is the most volatility and dislocation, and consequently new opportunities.
In 2019, our technology-focused research target two big areas: connected cars (aka autonomous vehicles), 5G, and artificial intelligence. Our planned reports for the year include the following:
- Connected cars & telecom: Market forecast and assessment
- Findings from the Arizona self-driving experiment: politics to vendors
- AI in the telco, beyond call centers
- AI & machine learning in the data center
- Fiber – the secret ingredient in 5G’s success
- How close are we to commercial rollouts of 5G?
For more information about Technology Insight reports in progress, contact us.